GRAMMAR ASSIGNMENTS

February 8-19, 2010

Verbs: principal parts, participles, tenses

WRITING ASSIGNMENTS

1. Reading Accountability Logs--
Modified to include chapter by chapter summaries.
Reading Notebooks

2. Compare/Contrast essay (more info coming)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Introduction


Hello all,

Welcome to my blog. My hope is that you--parents, students, friends and others will find this an easy way to communicate. Please feel free to post comments, suggestions, concerns or questions you may have. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.


My Promises

To prepare for class and do my best work.

To make decisions based on what is fair and consistent.

To share my knowledge, sense of humor and stories as a learning tool.

To laugh daily, show compassion and empathy for others

as I would want them to show towards me.

To help you learn the best way for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
It seems I have been a teacher all my life, but officially I have taught Language Arts at Blakesburg Middle school for the last ten years. I am married (40years in April, 2010) and we have 4 grown children who have blessed us with 13 grandchildren. Two granddaughters graduated highschool in 2009 and are college freshman. Three grandchildren are in HS, three in MS, four in Elem and 1 in PS. Kirbie, our Scottie has trained us well. She "talks" to us insistently until we "listen". My husband operates the daily events at the Ottumwa Regional Airport where he has worked since 1982. We have completely remodeled our home, building on over 800 sqft in 1996. I enjoy refinishing furniture and antiques. Last year we remodeled my mothers house for her while she underwent chemo and radiation treatments. She was able to enjoy her 'new' house for a few months before she passed in Sept, 08. My favorite color is lavender and I am a green personality.