GRAMMAR ASSIGNMENTS

February 8-19, 2010

Verbs: principal parts, participles, tenses

WRITING ASSIGNMENTS

1. Reading Accountability Logs--
Modified to include chapter by chapter summaries.
Reading Notebooks

2. Compare/Contrast essay (more info coming)

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Greetings

December 1, 2009
Winter festivities will soon take over most of our waking moments. The holidays are supposed to be a time of happiness, joy and giving, but for many, me included, the absence of loved ones create an emotional voide, one that cannot be filled easily if at all. Happiness and joy come from a human need to give, deep within you; you are in control of your happiness--no one else can find that for you. My wish for you this season is let time and memories soothe raw feelings, apply a salve and a patch over the voide to aide healing. Everything you need is in front of you--all you need to do is grab ahold and hang on. Give everything, expect nothing and you will never be unhappy. The true meaning of the holiday season hides within your heart.

Happy Holidays,
Mrs. Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
It seems I have been a teacher all my life, but officially I have taught Language Arts at Blakesburg Middle school for the last ten years. I am married (40years in April, 2010) and we have 4 grown children who have blessed us with 13 grandchildren. Two granddaughters graduated highschool in 2009 and are college freshman. Three grandchildren are in HS, three in MS, four in Elem and 1 in PS. Kirbie, our Scottie has trained us well. She "talks" to us insistently until we "listen". My husband operates the daily events at the Ottumwa Regional Airport where he has worked since 1982. We have completely remodeled our home, building on over 800 sqft in 1996. I enjoy refinishing furniture and antiques. Last year we remodeled my mothers house for her while she underwent chemo and radiation treatments. She was able to enjoy her 'new' house for a few months before she passed in Sept, 08. My favorite color is lavender and I am a green personality.